Thursday, March 17, 2011

Translated from the Geordie - here's Mitch!!!

Above: Mitch - 'away ya foockers i cannae git doon fram this far legged thing'

Righto. Chubby Wan Kenobi has been at us for predictions for the weekend so here's mine like.

The Irish have a team of good rugby players. But unfortunately they're playing like they've been field testing the new upgraded Mogadon. For example, Sexton Onion Face's big bag of skills seem be bashing together and cancelling each other out and he's been a bit of a disappointment all round unfortunately.
A lot has been said about the potential loss of Mike 'takes-it-in' Tindall's steadying hand on the tiller but to be fair the English back line has more caps than a chavs wedding so I reckon we'll be alright. Let's start with Banahan and see if he can break any more genetically weak Celtic backrow forwards. I'm much more worried about our scrum halfs doing a half marathon before they PASS THE FRIGGIN BALL OUT.

Bogtrotters 16 - Stout Hearted Doughty Englishmen 24


The Frogs have been having a shite run out this year. What happened to the team that beat the All Blacks? Their bloody coach, that's what. I reckon he's got a big tombola wheel out the back and he just spins it to generate his team selection for the week. How can a team with so much talent in depth (except stand off where they only seem to produce shaky, confidence players) mange to throw away games like they are. I reckon, badly as they're playing, they'll still beat a Wales who seem even more poorly led. What's happened to your bollocks lads? And with Shane Williams looking like his Mam's keeping him in till he does his maths homework I fear for their try scoring ability. And with hard-core Cymraig, Fergatron Belt Overhang of the West, emigrating to France in order to be closer to the team he really loves I think the supporters feel the same way as me.

This Week's 15 Frenchmen 20 - Wails 12


I have never cheered a non-English side like I have the Italians this tournament. They deserved to win against Ireland and they woulda done too if it hadna been for that meddling kick. Last week they beat France by everyone playing at their highest potential, not just letting Parisse make all the hard yards. Despite Bergomasco routinely squeaking out a fart as part of his kicking run up I have liked the way they've taken a gutsy run at each game. I was roaring at the final whistle - champion. In that match though, I reckon they've already played their equivalent of the final and they may well be off the boil for the Scots.
The Sweaties. Lord, where do I start. Suffice to say they only seem to have one player on the pitch and that's Gray. He's at 2nd row but he has an eye for space and open play that makes me think they should develop him into a nr8. He'll be like Chabal but good. The Jocks really need a win to pick their morale out of the bins in the gents' bogs so I reckon they might make it here. It'll be an Ireland style win though, scraped out of desperation in the last few minutes. (Secretly I really hope Italy wins).

Sweaty Socks 15 - Carbonara Chianti - 12

If I'm right do I win £5?

No comments: