Saturday, March 24, 2012

Prop idol and the hooker - pick of the best

So our 6 nations has come and gone. As I predicted it would be a close fought one. Wales could’ve lost against Ireland, England and France and who would’ve argued if Scotland had beaten England, Wales if they had kept their players on and of course France. The only shock I think was the England France game. So many people got in touch and said ‘Rooster – you are amazing and handsome how about a British Lions team out of that lot?’ I of course am not one to let down the fans but thought it also a spiffing idea to have a 6 nations XV as well. A sort of best of the rest of the home nations with French and Italians players who have stood out. So am I going to stick my
neck out – yes I flipping well am.

So today I will stick with front rows. For the Lions my two props would be the Welsh boys Jenkins and Jones. Now even though my weight is annually tripling I have no knowledge of the front row and the dark arts involved but lest we forget, these two are already Lions props. There is a solidity in Adam Jones performances that gives me jimmy seepage, Jenkins work around the park turns the seeping into a flow.…….. Hooker…well I know Matthew Rees is a Lion and I am sure Ross Ford went on the Lions tour at some point, Hartley has great days and days to forget so I will go for Rory Best as my Lions hooker.

So my Lions front row in Oz at this moment would be Jenkins, Best and Jones but who would pack down against them for my 6 Nations side. I woudnt bother with any Irish props considering the bumming they took off the English on the last day and with that in mind I would pluck for Corsibiero. For my Hooker although I have mentioned the others I would hoy in William Servat and number 3 edging Mas, Attoub and Dan Cole would be Castrogiavanni. Like it – no?
well see if you set of twats can do any better?

No comments: