Thursday, February 01, 2007

My View from Londinium by London Welsh


My View from Londinium

With the six nations imminent, almost all talk in the capital City of Saxonia is of the Return of the King. Mr Papercut is set to start an England international for the first time in over three years. God, the last time he played I was still working my way through my third batch of Freshers! There is a sense of expectancy, of a backlash from new beginings (even with old names creating those beginings) and I for one am looking forward to seeing the 10-12 paring of the afformentioned Tubigrip and a Double Hard Rough Northern Bastard*. Oh, how much pressure has been lifted from him in the wake of Elastoplast's return?

Dodgy Blindside to World Class 12 in six months. Hmm, if only Jason White were fit...! But one issue is exciting me incredibly. The prospect of seeing the Orange One hitting the line from 15. He has been criticised in the media by ignorant, condecending old hacks like Butler for not being dependable and missing tackles, but i'd prefer him there over fucking Kevin brittlebones Morgan. I just hope that he gets the nod. I do fear the worst if Robinson or Luscombe start at 13 though, O'Driscoll will make them look lika a fool.

On a lighter note, I am sleeping much happier now in the knowledge that Katherine Jenkins lives here in Londinium. I know that greatness gravitiates to greatness, and she will find me soon. Long walks in Regent's park, an afternoon date on the London eye, a brothel in Soho. I know she will be game for all. I cant wait to see her Sunday in her little Wales shirt and bum hugging jeans. MMMM. She's got some fucking tits on her too you know! Undecided whther to hit cardiff Sunday, it may be spontaneous.

London Welsh

*Some exceptances are made to being Northern and Hard, notably Spenny and "are Jayyson frum Mertha"

Yr Eidal 19 - 25 Ffrainc

Ahh Tour - Cant wait for Edinburgh!

No comments: