Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Was all just a nightmare! by Campo's lovechild


It was as I said a Dallas style three year nightmare and I have woken up. What a weekend. England looked more like their old selves. I know the Wilkinson trie wasn’t a trie but hey, sometimes the decisions go your way so I’m not complaining. Wilkinson was awesome and the opportunist trie by Billy Whizz was why he is back in the side. OK Scotland weren’t really firing on all cylinders and didn’t compete for every ball but what England needed was a boost in their confidence and we got it. Still a lot of work to do to get back but it is a great start. Defence looked shaky at times but that gives us some focus to work on. Roll on the rest of the Six Nations.

Didn’t watch the France v Italy game as I was under the bonnet of my car up to my armpits in grease and oil but did manage to finish on Sunday at about 5pm and then sat down to watch the Wales v Ireland game on Sky +.

Brilliant! I know you lost but you should have won. Key decisions went against you which probably would have sealed you the game. I think Ireland were getting away with murder on the ground and killing the ball which the Ref seemed to be oblivious to. Maybe I was watching a different game to everybody else but the amount of turnover ball being won by Ireland shouldn’t have been happening. I think S Jones didn’t have the best game of his life and didn’t want to take on his opposite number. He sat way way too deep so by the time he moved the ball out the Irish backs were ready to smash the unfortunate receiver. Your backs just didn’t look as sharp as they had over the Autumn and made too many wrong decisions. You need Shane Williams to bring that bit of spark back. James Hook made too many errors but not sure about that Free Kick fiasco, I don’t think he presented the ball at all. Peel for me was the man of the match, he was awesome and his vision at the quick starts was brilliant. Great game wrong result. The tempo through the whole match was unbelievable and the guys must have been hanging out of their arses by the end. I’ve got to say that Ireland are big and strong and you can’t give them an inch but didn’t look that inventive. Just battered their way through.

Can’t wait for the rest of the tournament now as an Englishman we have hope restored with the return of our core players and every digit crossed that Mr Wilkinson remains fit until the end of the year at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good old 854141, i got off with her on schweppes cup final day outside the Coach house in Fishguard, hows it going?....cock