Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Over the pond by our Beloved Chairman (if you dont enjoy this you have to drink 4 fingers)


Fellow Chickens - this is the first attempt from The Chairman at this new fangled thing called Blogging. In my hey day, things like this never happened - talking about what you did during the 6 nations and on previous weekends was a big no no. We would lock ourselves in our swamps on the Sunday, not answer any phone calls and not entertain any calls to the door. The reason for this is obvious to those of you who have spent a weekend in Cardiff in Kiwi's. We are all too afraid for anyone to tell us what kind of nasty dog we got off with, and how many foolish things we did, and what time we turned into shandies, drinking alcopops. these stories would remained locked in our tiny minds, only to be resurrected on the next 6 nations weekend or tour to Scotland etc.



Seeing as I am locked away in my own hellish nightmare for all the bad things I did in my youth, I must pay my penance and try and spread the gospel across the pond. Here is my story from the start of the 6 nations. Tried to get enthusiastic from Wednesday - knowing the best game on the planet is about to start for real, I have tried to get the locals intrigued by showing them the Magners league and Heineken cup- got a lot of interest 4 people. Especially after some of them saw the Ospreys V Sale last minute try and the Toulouse V Llanelli matches. Was there hope of Wales reproducing this magic? For some reason all I got was " so you guys are playing some game before the Superbowl Sunday, not sure I can do an all day down the Bar" What could I do I was desperate, Thursaday and Friday had come and gone, I managed to reserve a Table at some posh Irish bar in Alexandria (the owner brought $3 million dollars worth of wood from Ireland) - what the f**k was the reason for that. Friday night I was down the pub trying to get people to come out on Sunday- all they could talk about was this bloody Superbowl. I did get 5 definites at the end of the night - and then I told them the game was on at 9 am Sunday!!!



Sunday - Game time Up at 7 am - got my Jersey off the Hanger - pacing for 1.5 hrs - Bar would not open until 9am. Taxi arrived off to the game Waahey. Got to the bar - 8 Irish supporters and me and my Woman (Sorry Ferg but I needed all the support I could get), 5 of my friends turned up and we settled down to half price Guiness at 9am. Almost felt like home - then I heard it - coming from somewhere down in the depths of the cellar. C'MON WAAAAAALES -you all recognise the high pitched nasty screech of a fishwife from Swansea. I turned and there she was, a glass of red wine in one hand, and some poor bast##d propping her up on the other. I turned to my girlfriend and said "that is the reason no women, no children". So we all settled down to watch the game - me, my friends and the banshee, unfortunately worse was to follow, kick off, 5 mins charge down try Ireland- Bugger.


Could it get any worse - Yes I am living in the USA - The fishwifes man - turns to me and starts explaining the tactics the Welsh should be using- not only is he a Yank, but he's using American Football terms what an ar#e. 8 Guiness' later game is over - Rob very pi**ed off with the world. All my friends leave and fishwife gives me her phone number - great. My girlfriend and I end up going on an all dayer - we get twa**ed, she slaps me in the face( amazingly this is the first time I have ever been slapped, and considering some of the things I've done in the past it was a surprise, as I hadn't done anything), go home goto bed.


Not a good weekend, so I am buying a ticket today and coming home for the Wales V England - arriving Thursday leaving Monday. I understand it is an official cap - so I expect every man to do his duty, otherwise you may have the kind of day I had. I shall send you the next game in a few days - this was watched in Vegas.

No comments: