Friday, February 10, 2012

i know its late but i have been hungover..i mean tired

For 10 minutes I thought that France Italy may actually be a game, with the Italians making the hard yards and causing trouble but they need a fly half with a bit of an edge. Kris Burton while looking like the Thing from the Fanatastic Four and having a bit of a peg on him really hasn’t got enough tactical nous. The French looked good with Pikachu Picamoles playing a great game and Rougerie was also fantastic. I did notice a lot of Italians in the crowd and have spoken before in the increase of the tight jeaned, willy touching ones over in Cardiff. Like people from Carmarthenshire they also wear white daps out on the piss but the difference is the Italians are not wearing the same ones they bought in 1989 and theirs cost more than a fiver.

Scotland England – too be honest I have turned into such a shandy arse that I was getting a little drunk by the time this kicked off so I thought it was a pretty easy game to watch but it shows how drunk I was when I was reliably informed by fellow Lovechicken and Chairman of the Aber Baa Baas that the game was in fact – a load of shit. I was going to have a little moan about Dan Parks later but I thought they had no attacking flair and England handled the pressure well. Owen Farrell looked the part…do you know what that really is all I can remember it was only an hour later that I was crying my eyes out for no reason and then watching Morgatron spu through his hands with spray hitting strangers and his friends alike – he was like a giant sick sprinkler.

The final game was a magnificent game – not my words the words of a lot of other non Irish people. Could Wales really complain if Ireland had of won that though? I thought O Connel was everywhere and Kearney was great in the air but in the end tinker passion was thoroughly thwarted by sheepshagging authority. A hell of a lot of Welsh players impressed but Rhys Priestland, kicking aside, really does put players in great positions and those players now have the tactical awareness to actually be there. Shit stirrer extrordinaire Mike Phillips was awesome , he really is a bossy little…..big fucker and you can tell he doesn’t like the Irish. Sometimes I would like him to consider taking one or no steps before passing rather than his customary 23. Bradley Davies should have been sent off for that tackle – no doubts in my mind and that was because I wasn’t drunk, I was trying to concentrate my mind not to be sick in my mouth or to stop my hands from shaking from the mother of all hangovers. One thing that pissed me off was the amount of time Barnes the ref gave for advantage, I bet the Irish are hoping they have him next week in France so he can finish off the advantage that they are still playing for the 65th minute in Ireland.

So what have we learned from this weekend. Wales and France are an attacking force, Ireland aren’t that far behind but are missing Bod. England are starting to get some pride and dog back and Scotland once they get rid of Parks could get better. Italy had flashes but remain pretty crap, I cant drink anymore, dont stand behind Morgan when he’s drinking whisky and don’t stand too close to the wall when you are having a wee.

I will say it again so you can take the piss out of me next week but Italy might do a job on England next week but then again I thought Scotland and Ireland might win so best I just shut it. Next weekend a few chickens will be watching the games in Aberystwyth on Richie Morris stag. Many of his friends are from St Davids so going to Aber is like going on a big city break – they also think that a bitter top is a cocktail.

No comments: