Thursday, June 06, 2013

Starting off my tour by the Viking war leader - King of the Hawkmen!!

Not content with just sending Lovechickens to Australia to live and build their lives just in order to have sleeper agents ready for the Lions Tour, we are sparing no expense (because we are not paying) in sending one of our American Lovechickens (and with it our heaviest, hairiest and worst behaved) over there as well - reports to follow but here is one we received this morning!!

Above: Big Doug and long suffering wife prepare to do battle....

Dateline: June 5th 2013
Location: Delta SKY Club, Los Angeles Airport
Time: 1930 local

Am sipping my 5th drink after spending 5.5 hours drinking from Atlanta to Los Angeles. In 3 hours I will be westward bound for Oz (and 14 more hours of drinking – I am woefully out of shape) and after a short connecting flight and numerous more libations, I will once again be in Brisbane in the land of Oz, where men are manly and the sheep are scared, currently being overrun by the Barmy Army (sort of like a modern Mongol hoard).  But no worries lads, I have Hawkmen in reserve if the going gets tough!

A small worry, I forgot my Viking war Leader hat – will have to procure one for the tour – Spence will know where the local Viking shop is I am sure ( I procured it during an invasion of New Orleans many years ago). Without it I may be taken for just another aging desperado, looking for a soft place to fall.

I am eagerly anticipating seeing Spence for happy hour Friday at the Pig and Whistle , storming the gates of the Castlemaine Brewery Saturday afternoon prior to once again braving the crowds and invading the pubs on Caxton street prior to the match. Hoping the Reds give them a good match – I think they will, but I doubt the result is going to be much of a mystery.

If you don’t hear from me again before Tuesdays match, As Warren Zevon sang so eloquently many years ago “send lawyers guns and money, the shit has hit the fan”.
Above: THIS IS YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING!!!

Big Doug, Viking War Leader, LC #49

No comments: