Saturday, September 17, 2011

my views from Phil umbungo umbongo they drink it in the congo

First of all thank you for giving the kiss of death to wunderkind Ashton!

What a weekend! All the big boys played like Woodhouse Weasels on a particularly bad day with the exception that at the last minute they pulled some magic out of their arses and actually won!

I was hoping for a Japanese win over les bleurghs just to teach them a lesson. I had to miss the last bit of the game to go and give my grandson his first England rugby shirt and sit and watch the England game with him. (he is rubbish at necking cans when Johnny misses kicks but then he is only nine months old. At least he doesn't start a fight in a Cypriot disco when I am about to go home with the winner of Miss Sexiest Swedish Tourist (Worldwide))

Anyway, off I go with Japan sticking it right up them and only a couple of points in it. Easily doable I think only to find out the dirty cheating cheese eating surrender monkeys had discovered how to play rugby and scored a handful of tries! Bastards!

England where do I start. I had visions of the forwards upsetting the Argies and tying them up in the middle of the park whilst Ashton, Foden, Manu and Arms glided gracefully with the speed and elegance of gazelles into the corners for tries. Hmmm. Penalties galore and it seems some thieving git nicked Johnny's boots. Still I hope that now Argentina are behind us, muttering malvinas to themselves we will pull our fingers out of our arseholes and play some proper rugby.
At the end of the day it seems that the big boys, when the chips are well and truly down can still turn things around.

I then turn to Wales. Wales shouldn't be disappointed that they lost they should be fuming. The game was theirs. With the exception of the first try, the only team that looked like winning the game were Wales. Hook's penalty... I don't know. The commentator said it bent back in after going past the posts. I didn't see that and it looked like a score to me, but we have all been there and have to abide by the ref's decision. Look at Mike Phillips' 'try' against Ireland. The Welsh back row are amazing and will do wonderful things over the next few years. They now have to go and tank Samoa, a bogey team for Wales given their previous World Cup meetings.
There's still all to play for and loads more games to come! Hurrah! I bloody love rugby me

No comments: