Sunday, October 09, 2011

written yesterday - too emotional to put it up - what a twat!

Other than being the handsomest man in the Lovechickens or scoring the fastest try in Welsh Assembly rugby history or being a much better putter than Richie Morris or a better player of paper scissors stone than Pete two Fannies I am not one for showing off or gloating but I will allow myself a bit of joy at the defeating of Ireland this morning. It was a game, a ball busting, full throttle, jiz my pants game. I thought every Ireland player possibly with the exception of Cian Healy played well, not well – very well but I thought that the Welsh display was gutsy – it wasn’t perfect- far from it but it did the job and everybody here can be justifiably proud and excited by next week. Everybody who was expected to deliver did so, so with that it in mind I have to single out Huw Bennett who is not always included on the fantasy team sheet for Welsh fans who today exceeded expectations, played through the pain barrier and delivered. It was nice to see Phillips back to his pomp and Captain Amazing just gets better and better. I thought Ireland were all over us for long stretches of the game but I could not understand why they brought off the half backs – thankfully we weren’t haunted by the spectre of too many replacements. A worry now must be the injuries to Charteris and Jamie Roberts, both played above and beyond. Anybody who doesn’t like this case of waxing lyrical to the max can sod off because loyal readers know that this doesn’t happen often and the last time I saw Wales in a semi final I had to go school half an hour later to be bullied by Pete two fannies (he pulled my fingers back and made me cry 2 years before – and now we are friends although I am waiting till he’s an ancient 81 and I am a sprightly 80 before I really sort the shit out and gain my revenge).

Loyal readers will also know that I rarely take the piss out of the English team with regards to their playing because I am an admirer but even the most one eyed England supporter would have thought that the team were a sack of shit this morning. Some performances but I wouldn’t even raise that to good. What the fuck was wrong with them – they could not even blame the ref who missed 2 English knock ons in 2 minutes. It wasn’t all johnnos fault but his after game interview was a disgrace and where was the mention of the great support they received – it was a me me me performance although I think true England supporters should be happy with the result because if they had got to the semi finals with their performances nobody would have thought that anything was wrong except the English supporters and the rest of the rugby world outside the RFU – they have the players and they have the support so lets see where they go from here. So it is Wales France semi final and I cannot wait – I am hoping that leivremental pulls another beauty out of his sack and decides to play Medard at prop and rene from Allo Allo at centre.

1 comment:

Spen (The Viking) said...

I thought it was your cousin Nick who bent your fingers back and made you cry - or did everyone just do that to you when you were little?